November 2019 Meeting – Saturday 11/16/19
* Thanks to Brian & Vanessa For Hosting!
Very nice environment in “Odells Pub”
Amazing food spread as well!!
– Next Meeting – Christmas Party at Chaos Mountain Brewing!!! Saturday 12/14/2019 (3 pm – 6 pm)
Belgian Dark Strong Competition
Dirty Santa gift exchange
Brewer of the Year will be named
– Treasurer’s Report– Harry M.
Over $7000 in funds, includes shirts money which will be paid out soon
3 new members
– 2020 Officers Nominations (Voting is now active – Wed 11/20/19)
Chris Gray nominated and accepts nomination for President
Harry M nominated and accepts nomination for open board position
Adam K nominated and accepts nomination for President and Vice President
Carrie Cox nominated for President and declined nomination
Tim Paul nominated and accepts nomination for Vice President
– 2020 Competition Beer Styles – Online Voting is active (email went out earlier this week.)
Get votes in by Thursday for main categories, subcategory voting to follow soon after
– LTHB DAY WrapUp
– Thank you to all volunteers. We were out there at 9 am to setup and get started.
– Thank you Demo Brewers: Brian Rorrer, Rudy Lyon, Tim Paul & Chris Gray
Brian brewed an Imperial Porter, will be adding vanilla soon
Tim brewed a Juicy IPA
Chris Gray did extract/partial grain Belgian Saison on an induction cooktop. Then left open for 24 hours on Robbs porch (coolship/spontaneous fermentation).
Rudy brewed a Russian Imperial Stout using no/slow chill. Experiment in water conservation. Took home & pitched kveik, probably too cool in basement, fermenting slowly, brought temp up to 73 and fermentation took off.
– Beer tastings were going all day. We had (3) kegs plus many bottles and cans. Thank you to those who donated beer.
– 3 new members from event, 6 new signups for email list
– Throwdown 2020 – (Ken S-K)
Saturday March 21 @ Big Lick, published via AHA
Rudy started on swag campaign, “Team Grovel”, looking for help
125 total entries will be accepted
2 days of judging
– Competition Updates (Steve Lusk)
Will be updating website newsletter soon
In addition to our quarterly competitions, looking to do a “Weird Ass Beer” competition
Beers that don’t fall under any real main category, similar to Iron Brewer competition
Early summer timeline
– Work Shirt Order
– Likely ready next week.
– If you haven’t paid yet please do so ASAP. Cash, Check or Paypal.
– Barrels for Sale at Barrel Chest
(2) 55 gallon whisky barrels
(1) 65 gallon cognac barrel
– 50/50 Raffle– Harry
$50 to club, $50 to winner to James Wargo
John S wins Bottle of Star San
Matt B wins A Few Old Goats Gift Card
Tim P wins Jack Brown’s Gift Card
– Open Floor
For brewer of the year, additional points should be awarded for final table appearance/place.
Might have to change bylaws to make this come to fruition.
Very real possibility that brewer of the year could have the most points but not actually place in any quarter.
Additional 3 pts for 1st, 2 pts for 2nd, 1 pt for 3rd (as an example).
Doug asks about interest in insulated growler, should be around $30 each
Laser etched with 4” logo
More than likely will require minimum order.
Chris G to research and present options
NHC June 18-20 in Nashville, TN
Looking for interest in showing up as a club and doing club night, serving beer
Off flavor tasting session. Kit to be purchased, will be tentatively scheduled first quarter 2020
Looking at purchasing a hops sensory kit as well.