Thanks go out to Chaos Mountain (Joe, Wendy & Will) for hosting the December meeting! It was a chaotic meeting, but I guess that was to be expected…
We had 45 members (including three new members: Matt Nicholson, and John & Stephanie Trout), four kids, and one guest (Travis).
- Treasurer’s report: Mike U: 80 plus members and $1500+ in the bank (sorry for the lack of detail – I’m not good at taking notes…)
- January – ??? (Specialty IPA presentation) Who wants to host the January meeting?
- February – Kevin & Bailie
- March – ??? (Specialty IPA competition)
Rounds of Applause!! Thanks to the following for all of the hard work they put in this year!!
Dan Tatarka, our VP
Mike Usberghi, our Treasurer
Kathy Merkwan, our Chief Steward (and Captain Organizer)
Carrie Cox, our Princess of Propaganda and Official Photographer
Kevin Campbell, for all of his behind-the-scenes support
And thanks to everyone in the club for making our meetings so much fun!
VOTE: March competition – by an overwhelming majority, we voted to allow all sub-styles for Specialty IPA. Who wants to give the presentation?
ELECTION: Vice President
ELECTION: Board of Directors:
Three year term: Paul Mahoney
Two year term: John Merkwan
One year term: Harry Montoro
Open floor – upcoming festivals, brewery visits, tips & tricks, et. al.
Munich Dunkel Competition Results
- First place: Dan Tatarka
- Second place: John Merkwan
- Third place: James Brown
Brewer of the Year
Gift Certificate Drawing and 50/50 Raffle Drawing
- Judge/steward gift certificates: Doug Moyer & Carrie Cox
- Brewer gift certificate: John Merkwan
- 50/50 raffle: Mike Usberghi
Gift Exchange (AKA Dirty Santa)
- Because I was unprepared for the complexities involved, I invoked Joan’s Rules of Order. I don’t know if everyone got what they wanted, but I do know that I finally got Alex back for stealing my bottle two years ago…
Merry Christmas! Happy Newtonmas! Happy Hanukkah!