* Thanks to Carrie & Justin For Hosting!
Despite heavy rain the evening before we were surprised with gorgeous fall weather. Meeting was mostly held outside. Fantastic food and beer as usual and the Chocotale Chili was amazing!!!
Special Guest – Robyn Smith from VT
Beer brewer certificate program and Business of Brewing
Has received a grant to put on workshops related to brewing
Planning for 4 workshops between Jan and March
4 hour sessions on a Saturday
Looking for ideas on what would be of interest. Please don’t hesitate to contact her to discuss.
Please email email@example.com
– Next Meeting – Saturday Nov 16 (3-6 PM) at Brian and Vanessa Rorrer’s Home (Salem)
– Treasurer’s Report– Mike U.
$6510.76 in the account
117 total members
– Bylaws Amendment – Online Ballot (Vote Today)
Passes without discussion or nays
– 2019 Upcoming Events
– LTHB Day – SAT November 2 at SHHBS (10 AM – 4 PM)
– Volunteers Needed: Setup/Teardown, Demo Brewers, Spokes People, ID Check, Pouring
Need beer for tasting
– Demo Brewers Confirmed: Brian Rorrer, Tim Paul, Chris Gray, Rudy L, Allen F (tentative)
– Big Willie Draught System – Upgrades Adam Kendall
New smaller ID lines
Completely soaked and cleaned faucets, shanks and chiller plate and reassembled
Pours very well now with higher pressures with little to no foaming
– BrewDo WrapUp
– Around 90 entries. Judging done at Three Notch’d.
– BIS Awarded to Carrie & Justin Cox (Elderberry Fruit Beer)
– Several Wins by Guild Members (as usual!!)
Beth D. Tropical stout & Imperial Czech PIls
Chris & Dennis S – Key Lime Pie
As a club, 7 out of 12 places
– Throwdown 2020 – Updates
Allen F will be heading up SWAG begging
Let him know if you have any hookups
Electronic system for silent auction to curb sniping and help folks who may have to leave
– Competition Updates (Steve Lusk)
Steve not present
War of Worts in PA coming up in Feb
– Work Shirt Order – LAST CALL! Ordering this week.
– Please pay today if possible or arrange for PayPal.
Paypal address: firstname.lastname@example.org
– $30 per shirt from Spartan Silk Screening
– 50/50 Raffle– Harry
38.50 each to winner Tim Paul and club
Consolation, Rising Silo growler with insulated carrier to John Shoundel
– Open Floor