Star City Brewers Guild
December 2021 Meeting Notes
Saturday December 18, 2021
Chaos Mountain Brewing
We did not have a note taker at this meeting.
- Thank you to Chaos Mountain for hosting and all that they have done for the SCBG over the
- At this time, we do not have a host for the January meeting. If you would like to host please contact either Robb Burden (email@example.com) or Tim Paul (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Harry discussed the financials.
- December quarterly competition results – There were 11(!) entries:
- Third Place: John Merkwan
- Second Place: Mike Usberghi
- First Place: Mike Czernicki
- Brewer of the Year: Mike Usberghi – Congratulations Mike!
- Thank you to all of the judges and stewards.
- 2022 Quarterly Competition Categories and their dates:
- Quarter 1 – BJCP Category 11 – British Bitter – 11A Ordinary Bitter
- Quarter 2 – BJCP Category 19 – Amber and Brown American Beer – 19A American Amber Ale
- Quarter 3 – BJCP Category 20 – American Porter and Stout – 20A American Porter
- Quarter 4 – BJCP Category 24 – Belgian Ale – 24C Biere de Garde
- Work Shirt and Growler orders
- Robert Hedge sent out a t-shirt mockup via email earlier on Saturday
- Tim Paul reports that we still need quite a few growler orders to complete an order with the supplier. If you are interested in purchasing a beautiful, insulated growler with a Star City Brewers Guild logo please contact Tim at the email address above.
- Competition Coordinator –
- Kathy Merkwan has coordinated both our internal quarterly competitions as well as the Star City Throwdown competitions for quite some time now and she is ready to step down and pass the torch on to someone else. Rudy Lyon has agreed to take over as our Competition Coordinator with Matt Klumpp as a backup. Over the next few weeks and months, Kathy will work to train Rudy to take care of all of the responsibilities for the position. We would all like to thank Kathy for her service over the years. The Star City Homebrew Throwdown could not have been the success it has been without her dedication – Thank you Kathy!
- Officer Elections –
- Tim Paul will serve as President, and Keith Fields will serve as Vice President.
- Harry Montoro’s term on the Board expires and Robb Burden will take his seat for a three-year term.
- The other members of our board are previous Presidents Allen Francis and Chris Gray. We would all like to thank Tim and Keith for volunteering to lead the club for the next year. We would also like to thank Harry Montoro for all of his service over the years.