Star City Brewers Guild
February 2022 Meeting Notes
Sunday February 20th at 4:45PM
Caleb Williamson’s brewery
Hammer & Forge Brewing CO.
- Thank you to Caleb Williamson for hosting.
- March 2022 meeting location: TBD.
- Harry Montoro has volunteered as a backup host if another member does not volunteer.
- Rudy Lyon reminded us that Twisted Track Brewpub is available for meetings on Mondays.
- Financial Report
- $8,200 in the bank
- Continuing to collect 2022 dues
- Q1 Competition 11A Ordinary Bitter Style Presentation
- Mike Usberghi brought style guideline handouts and reviewed the style at the end of the meeting.
- Tech Talks w\ Robb Burden @ Southern Hills Homebrew Supply
- 1st tech talk of 2022 will be on the ASBC Hot Steep Method on 3/1 at 7PM
- Tech Talks will occur twice a month and be held on Tuesdays.
- Some Tech Talks will be open to the public and others will be closed to active Guild members only.
- Upcoming Events
- March 2022 – Q1 Competition
- May 7, 2022 – Big Brew for National Homebrew Day
- June 2022 – Q2 Competition
- 19A – American Amber
- Steve Lusk has volunteered to give a style presentation and bring commercial examples to the April 2022 SCBG meeting.
- June 23-25, 2022 – Homebrew Con 2022 Pittsburgh, PA
- Chris Stevens has the display which needs to be updated.
- Tim Paul will direct the metal cutout for the new logo.
- LED lighting is needed to backlight the future logo.
- Costs direct to SCBG for materials.
- 25th Anniversary Event
- Committee members:
- Rudy Lyon
- Harry Montoro
- Doug Moyer
- Committee will work on proposals to be presented to The Guild.
- Committee members:
- November 5, 2022 – Learn to Homebrew Day
- Brew sessions at Southern Hills Homebrew Supply
- Feeding Southwest VA event interest
- Robert Hedge has set up biweekly virtual pub nights on Thursdays at 8PM.
- Open Floor
- Harry Montoro is reaching out to our contact for MicroFestivus 2022 to see if the SCBG will resume usual activities at the festival. Setup/Take down, Judging volunteering etc.
- John Thompson asked about the Guild’s interest in other forms of fermentation.