* Thanks to James & Joan For Hosting!
- The food and beer spread was outstanding.
- 31 attendees including two guests and two new members.
Next Meeting – SAT April 27th at Chris & Robyn Stevens (Strong Bitter Presentation)
Strong Bitter Presentation
- Volunteer needed for presentation
- 83 paid members, $5,953
- 125 entries (Full)
- Recently received donations for food (Jimmy John’s)
- $6.3k in donations including a brewing class from VT (will be put up for silent auction)
- Rudy’s responsible for over $4k in donations!
- If you signed up for a judging session you will judge that session, Matt K. will send updates closer to the competition for specific times
- Handmade tap handles made for Throwdown winners (Thanks Carl and James!), also glasses ordered
- Ken S. and Matt K. gave great presentations/trainings on the BJCP judging training sessions. 2 were held, both had great turnouts. Going to contribute to much higher quality judging at our quarterly competitions as well as Throwdown.
Work Shirt Orders
- ~7 ppl interested in ordering shirts. Min of 12-15 shirts required per order. Will send out an email. Cost was ~$28/shirt.
International Women’s Collaborative Brew Day (March 9)
- Southern Hills Homebrew held a Women’s Brew event. 12 attendees including members in the industry. Was lead by Jen Burden and Chelsea M.
- Big Brew: Saturday May 4 (at SHHS & BRH) Will need volunteers.
- LTHB Day: Will need volunteers. First Saturday in November. Robb would give 50% off ingredients for the event.
- Microfestivus: Will need volunteers. Second Saturday in August.
- Green Hill Highland Games: Have a team leading our presence (Brian & Mario). Will get a vendor booth at no charge. We’ll be giving samples of homebrew, possibly demo brews. Need volunteers to bring kegs, possibly bottles. Will need people checking ID’s.
- Brew Do Festival: Up for debate. We’ve done great in this comp in the past. Could go casually or set up a booth. Would require volunteers.
- Homebrew Con: Robb is already going. Could get a group to make the trip. Can be casual or set up a booth. The few ppl that have gone highly recommended it.
- Newsletter has gone live
- One member participated in She Brew event
- Carrie won for her fruited beer. She has an article in Brew Hub magazine on Throwdown
- NHC: 4 members entered beers to the first round of judging
- Steve L. would like to creat Brewer Profiles for everyone with recipes/brew system info/tips & tricks
- Would like to see some blog posts including recipes, etc. possibly
Dunkles Weissbier 10B Competition Results
- 1st Place: Jenn & Ken S.
- 2nd Place: Matt K.
- 3rd Place: Mike U. (high score for the day – 42)
- 14 entries
- Chris G. won a gift card for brewer, Steve L. won a gift card for judge
- $90 collected
- Winner: Darin $45
- Allen met with rep from Three Notched. They want to do an internal competition (possibly IPA). To be judged in June and tapped for Microfestivus. ~13 entries estimated off show of hands. They would judge the beers and winner could brew at Three Notched.